Sunday, October 9, 2016

Quiting habits


"A lot of the time I felt like I had to exclude myself
from certain situations"
Giving up coffee I can imagine it would be similar to giving up other addictive substances. That’s how I had to treat this experiment. For the first week of giving up coffee I had to have a substitute; I used orange juice. I would usually have a cup of coffee as soon as I woke up. I immediately experienced withdrawals when I stopped consuming coffee. I needed a different substance to lessen the cravings and the feeling of being deprived that I was experiencing. I currently live with two other individuals that are daily coffee consumers. When my roommates made coffee or drank coffee around me  it made me crave coffee. I had to distance myself from them when they were indulging in coffee. I planned out waking up before them to make breakfast, grabbing some orange juice, and going back downstairs. When I heard them up and about I knew that the house would soon be filled with the aroma of coffee. I removed myself from what could possibly be a trigger. I went out to the garage and threw weights around. I hope reading my experience helps someone else that may be trying to do the same or maybe a challenge similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment